Professional Development for Teachers
CPD Events in 2016-17
- In conjuction with Warwickshire Cricket Club, we will be running cricket professional development on 25th May 2017.
- The Ogden Trust ran a fantastic science professional development day at King Edward's School for primary school teachers. The theme of this year's workshop was Earth and Space and took place on 3rd March 2017.
- Keep your eyes peeled for other training days which will be advertised via our mailing list and our Twitter feed.
Previous Training Sessions
- On 3 and 4 June 2015, we hosted a brand new course which has been put together by CfBT on Mastery in Writing. This was a completely new course, focused on the teaching of children who would have aimed for Level 6 under the old system. The course has been written to reflect the new National Curriculum and Assessment without Levels, and the invitation is attached to this web page.
- In November 2013 and again in December 2014, we laid on training in Level 6 Reading for over 190 primary school teachers from 92 schools. We were asked by a few local primary heads for help: they told us that they weren't entirely sure why some of their children were not gaining Level 6 in Reading SATs. The course was run by educational service providers CfBT, and was rated as 'excellent' by the teachers who attended - some of the comments are below.
- We followed this with Level 6 writing training in June 2014, which saw 115 teachers from 80 schools on site. Again, comments from participants were very positive, both about the "fabulous" venue and the "warmth of the welcome." Maths training was offered in October 2014.
- We hosted a workshop with the Ogden Trust on 'Forces' on 27 February 2015. 80 delegates from 60 schools joined us in the (somewhat chilly) sunshine for a host of practical sessions. They left, armed with resource boxes, with a host of new ideas about making science zing in the primary classroom.
- We have also previously offered training in techniques for teaching Shakespeare, in association with the Shakespeare Birthplace Trust.
"We have been very well looked after and this has been extremely well organised with facilities that are exceptional."
Cotteridge Junior and Infant School
"Inspiring resources which will help us share today with others."
Colmore Junior School
"It was wonderful!"
Blakesley Hall Primary School
"Very useful and thought provoking."
Kings Norton Primary School
"We will take away a clear understanding of the expectations for Level 6."
Lyndon Green Junior School